Negotiation Skills Program
The key to getting what YOU want – Negotiation Skills
click here now for this free report – written by Elliot Hayes – on how to start getting more out of your negotations today.
Imagine, you’re sitting on the phone talking to a prospective client. The time comes to discuss money – what goes through your mind? What comes out of your mouth?
Imagine that’s your boss you’re talking to. Your children. Your business partners.
HOW do you do it?
Do you ever feel that you’re not really getting what you’re worth?
Or you don’t seem to be able to get the outcomes you want in your dealings with people?
Here are some of the common concerns people express before they start our training:
‘I’m not confident in asking for what I want’.
‘When the conversation gets heated I just switch off’.
‘I go in with a clear idea of what I want, but then I give in too easily’.
‘I know negotiation is important, but I don’t really know what I’m doing or what the techniques are’.
It’s a cliche, but it’s true – “You don’t get what you deserve – you get what you negotiate”.
Negotiation is a life skill that can save you money, time and stress. It can be the highest paid work you ever do.
But when you’re in business for yourself, it can be hard to push yourself. To assert yourself and get what you want. Or to find the right words to take your clients to the next price point.
For many people who go into business for themselves, they are very good at what they do. Just not always at negotiating the rate for what they do.
In this program, you will learn practical strategies on how to apply the principles of negotiation to get what you want. Instead of putting people off side, you’ll learn how to be assertive without ruining the long term relationships with the people involved.
Most importantly, you’ll learn how to negotiate a better rate for the work you do (sound fun?).
Here’s what we will cover:
- The elements of successful negotiation
- A systematic approach to negotiation planning
- Effective communication strategies
- Common errors in negotiation that you can avoid
- How to generate options that create financial returns and value for all players
- Improving relationships within negotiations
- How to keep your emotions in check when you’re in the middle of negotiationg
- Neutralise difficult negotiations and their tactics
- Maintaining control of your negotiation strategy
- Specific phrases you can use at different stages of the negotiation
- How to identify which negotiation style you utilise, and how to deal with the different negotiation styles of your clients
- Learning when to walk away
- Closing the deal
- How to follow up without annoying the prospective client
- Ways to improve your overall positioning in the negotiation (this is a key strategy that most people ignore at their peril)
- How to migrate existing customers to a higher rate
- How to be more strategic in the way you think and negotiate
- How to manage the anxiety and nervousness that can arise when you negotiate