Boost your Productivity with Microsoft Outlook
‘I would thoroughly recommend you consider running the ‘Time Management with Outlook” course for your colleagues. It’s a course I believe the whole hotel group would benefit from. The time it will save you and the confidence it will give you will be well worth the investment.’
Matthew Young, General Manager, Crowne Plaza Canberra
Check out below this FREE video tutorial preview of our ‘Time Management with Outlook’ program
Just the tool of email alone is costing organisations thousands of dollars per year without the proper skills and policies in place (which 90% of organisations do NOT have)
We’ve had the privilege of training over five thousand people in how to combine time management principles with technology to save valuable time, money and energy
‘Time Management with Microsoft Outlook’ is a workshop designed to help you use the tool of Microsoft Outlook to improve your productivity skills.
You will learn specific processes and strategies that you can apply immediately to help improve your productivity.
Time Management Strategies
- Priority Management: prioritise your daily action list so you get the important tasks done first
- Email Protocol: establish an email protocol on specifically how and when to write emails.
- Email Management: one of the biggest challenges facing organisations today.
- Planning Ahead: using your regular planning time to prepare for the day/week ahead and leverage your time
- Maintaining Focus: you will learn practical techniques to maintain your focus on what’s most valuable
Microsoft Outlook Strategies
- Using Rules and Alerts to manage your email traffic
- Using the ‘Organize’ function to sort emails more effectively
- Options and settings for sending emails to make it more user friendly
- Methods of finding emails quickly when they need to be retrieved
- The easiest way to schedule meetings with your colleagues
- Effective ways to view your schedule when you’re looking ahead
- Sharing your calendar
- Responding to appointments
- Tracking responses to calendar appointment
- How to manage emails that require actions to be completed – in the short or longer term
- How to use tasks as an effective prioritising tool
- How to sort/group/view tasks in the most user friendly ways
- Helping Outlook tasks to work in tandem with any pda tools – such as iphone/blackberry
- How to use tasks as a feedback tool to identify areas to save more time, improve processes and get more done
- How to delegate tasks within the organisation in the most time efficient way
As well tips and tricks in your Contacts, Journal and other user friendly views within Outlook that will save you time and improve productivity
(*Please note – the above is only a general outline of the topics covered. Depending on questions raised, issues identified for each specific client, the release of new relevant technologies, the topics of content may change)
You do NOT need to be an I.T. guru to gain new skills in a short time frame. There won’t be heavy technical jargon. Rather it will be a hands-on workshop designed to give you skills in how to make Microsoft Outlook work for you as a time management tool.
Twelve Months of “Post Workshop Support” – to help reinforce the learning
Each participant will receive email tips that help reinforce the information covered in the workshop.
Any participant will have the option of contacting the facilitator for up to twelve months after the workshop to trouble shoot any challenges they’re having in implementing the course material.
How is this course run?
This course is delivered as:
- One on One Coaching
- Group Training On-Site
In the meantime, see below for a sample of feedback from some of our other clients.
Feedback from other clients we’ve run this training for
Thanks again for running the Outlook for Time Management training session this morning. You exceeded my expectations and I can speak on behalf of everyone else that we will be putting into practice many of the tips and tricks of using Outlook into our everyday work.
There are many more great tips and tricks but I could go on and on, but I’ll just say that it provided great benefit to our staff so thank you. My only regret is that we should have organized this sooner.
Jane Robertson – Human Resources Manager Asia Pacific, THQ Asia Pacific Pty. Ltd.
I believe the training last week was a HUGE success. We have had so many great comments from the team saying how much they enjoyed the training and what a fantastic trainer you were – so thanks so much !!
Paula Fairbank – Management Assistant Toll Personnel
“Elliot has been transformational in helping people manage their email. Some of our members have used him and they’ve totally cleared their inbox… he doesn’t charge much; I don’t think he’s figured out what he’s worth!”
Harvey Martin – Regional Director for “The Executive Connection”